Those of you who read my Real Reflection on 2016 post will know that despite being a year of recuperation, 2016 was a great year for me in a number of ways. I grew in confidence; travelling to events on my own and found I could do anything when I put my mind to it. I stopped being such a people pleaser; making a conscious decision to put myself first for a change.
So after a year of growth, why change it?! I often find when you enter a new year more often than not you set yourself unrealistic goals that you have no hope in hell of achieving, so what’s the point?!
Yes, 2016 was a good year for me but if you don’t keep challenging yourself and striving for new goals your life remains stagnant and nothing changes.
So here goes:
- This Time Next Year: I will be rich with knowledge of new places I have travelled both abroad and in the U.K. Finally bringing the travel element that I love from years of writing TripAdvisor into my blog. Though, in the meantime check out the places I’ve been on my Travel Page. – I will achieve this by continuing to spontaneously spend money like there’s no tomorrow. Nope, no scrap that, I will travel and enjoy myself within my means…
- This Time Next Year: I will be on every PR’s list for the hottest blogger events. Ideally I would like to be on this NOW, particularly with London Fashion Week around the corner….🙋 I absolutely loved the H! By Henry Holland and Fashion In Motion catwalk events I attended last year. The ElleXVery and Karen Millen events were also some of my favourite events of 2016 – more of the same and much more for 2017 please 🙏🙏🙏 – I will achieve this by getting my blog out there; writing informative and fun fashion posts.
- This Time Next Year: I will be well and truly out of my comfort zone. It’s so easy to stay in your comfort zones, it feels safe to have stability for everyday life, paying a mortgage, bills etc but sometimes I think “am I unwittingly letting life pass me by?” In 2016 I put myself forward for opportunities I never normally would have and took on new responsibilities outside my normal role, and I want to expand on this in 2017. In 2017 I will be more open to opportunities, particularly on a work front, to expand my prospects and ensure I never have a problem with Mondays!
- This Time Next Year: I will be pleased with all I have achieved with my blog. I have already made changes at the beginning of January 2017 with my brand new blog design thanks to my good friend Annie at Lettered By Annie and my new template from Pipdig, who provided a great deal of support. I am so happy with my new blog layout 🤗 Though, a relatively broad goal I’d like the opportunity to work with more brands, increase my stats and engage with other bloggers. I will achieve this by participating in more blogger chats, attending events, analysing my stats and sharing good quality content.
- This Time Next Year: I will be happy 😊 A corny one I know, but life is too short to be anything but happy. I want to be surrounded by my nearest and dearest, look after and be looked after by those I love most.
It’s easy this time of year to be down in the dumps with the January blues, due to lack of finances following a big Christmas spend up and lack of sunlight. I often find dragging myself out for a country walk generally does the trick…
Barry M Giveaway
Failing that, a good pamper session with a face pack, painting my nails will always do the trick. A brand that always has the best shades is Barry M and at the moment I love their limited edition Frosted Cupcakes Spring Collection. I am so excited to try their new Matte Me Up Lip Kits when they launch in February!
To win a nail varnish from the new collection with a selection of other shades, including this fabulous ‘I came, I Saw…I Contoured’ Barry M makeup bag; click the link below…
To increase your chances are winning the prize there are daily entry options available! The winner will be announced on the 22nd February and full terms and conditions can be found at the end of this post.
Thanks again to Gemma for the nomination 😘 Such a cute way to inspire for the year ahead of us. If you fancy doing the ‘This Time Next Year’ challenge, don’t forget to tag me!
What are your aspirations for 2017? Tell me in the below comments box.
Thanks for reading,
**UK entries only. The winner will be selected at random by Rafflecopter with the winner notified by email. If the winner does not respond within 7 days, Rafflecopter will select a new winner. Entries will be required to log in using their Facebook account or email. Email entries will be added to The Life Of A Social Butterfly Mailing list. Delivery times cannot be guaranteed.*